Optimizing your website to load as fast as possible is one the most overlooked areas of web development. Site speed is crucial to your website’s ultimate success and many cheap hosting providers have poor site speed.
If your site doesn’t load quickly, your users will get impatient and leave. There’s no point in having a site that is unbelievable if it takes your users 8-10 seconds to load the web page!
It doesn’t matter if you build a website better than Amazon if it isn’t fast.
When you’re talking marketing to today’s instant-gratification generation, time is of the essence. You have to always make a great impression, and if you do, you won’t lose your audience to a faster site.
5 Facts about Site Speed you NEED To know
1. If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year. (FastCompany)
2. 79% of web shoppers who have trouble with website performance say they won’t return to the site again. (KissMetrics)
3. 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that is too slow to load. (Fiverr)
4. 18% of mobile users will abandon a website if it doesn’t load in less than 5 seconds. If it takes more than 10 seconds to load, 30% will abandon the site. (KissMetrics)
5. 44% of them would tell a friend if they had a poor experience shopping online (GlobalDots)
Do first impressions really count?
Your site’s initial speed is the first interaction you have with your customers, so it’s your virtual first impression, and it counts. If you were a brick and mortar store you would want your customers to have a positive experience, right?
The same goes for your website. When your customer comes to your site you want to leave a great impression and you want them to have a high-quality, issue-free experience! Having a slow site is going to drive the consumer into the arms of another website.
Some hosting services focus so much on appearance and content that they forget about site speed. This is a huge lapse in judgment, because no one is going to see your content if they close their browser because your load time was too long. Make that first impression count!
Does site speed impact your SEO rankings?
YES. Site speed definitely matters for your SEO rankings. Why? Well, if your users keep abandoning your site due to long load times then that’s telling Google that your site isn’t a quality resource. No matter how good your content is, if your load times are too long for consumers to stick around, you’re going to see your SEO rankings nosedive over time.
If your load times are too long for consumers to stick around, you’re going to see your SEO rankings nosedive
How Can You Make Your Website Faster TODAY?
1. Set up a Content Delivery Network (CDN) on your hosting provider
- A easy to use CDN to checkout and connect to your site is CloudFlare.
2. Optimize your images
- For example, if your image on your site only fits 600 pixels then resize your image to EXACTLY 600 pixels wide)
3. Resize your images
- some people upload photos to their website. However, utilize a photo compressor. A good resource is compressor.io to compress your images.
- If you’re worried about a image being less quality then realize that a good image is better than a high quality image that doesn’t load 🙂
If this seems overwhelming for you to do by yourself we can speed up your site!
Contact us NOW to start enjoying WOWING your customers with a site that is blazing fast!
Extra Credit Tips to Get a Faster site:
- Enable compression
- Minify CSS, Javscript, and HTML
- Reduce Redirects
- Leverage browser caching
You never want to make your customer question whether or not their internet has gone down. Rather, you want to get them in the door, viewing and consuming the quality content you’ve worked so hard on. Don’t lose these customers because you forgot to optimize your site’s speed. Instead, utilize these simple tips above to make your site 5X FASTER than Usain Bolt running a 100.
Overall, don’t make your customers question if their internet is down. Utilize these simple tips above to make your site FASTER than Usain Bolt or Percy Harvin returning a kickoff.